Apply for Water
The City of Stephenville Water Department is happy to process your requests for water utility service via fax and email. If you need help with the form or instructions below please call the Water Department at 254.918.1230.
To submit your application via fax or email:
- Complete the agreement
- Print the Water Utility Application (PDF)
- Sign the agreement
*We require a signature to process the application; the application must be printed, signed and then emailed or faxed.
- Copy/Scan your driver’s license
- You may fax a copy of your driver’s license along with the application for utility to 254.918.1207
- You may also email your driver’s license copy and utility application to email@example.com
IF YOU ARE PAYING WITH A CREDIT CARD YOU MUST CALL TO VERIFY YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. WE CANNOT CONNECT YOUR WATER UNTIL YOU CALL, EVEN IF CARD INFORMATION IS SUPPLIED ON THE WATER UTILITY APPLICATION.
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Service:
- Do I have to pay a deposit?
In most cases, yes. The water deposit is $150 and the connection fee is $20.00. There is a $2.50 convenience fee for payments not made by cash or check. If you are able to supply the Water Department with a letter of credit from a previous utility company showing an account in good standing for at least one year during the current year (from the date of application back one year), the deposit may be waived.
- Why can’t I just do this over the phone?
Your privacy is very important to us. To prevent identity theft we do not open accounts without verification via driver’s license AND the Water Utility Application.
- Should I call to confirm receipt of my Water Utility Application?
Yes! Please call to verify receipt of any documents you fax the Water Department.
- Can I fill this out and mail it in? Can I email the form and then send or bring my payment?
Absolutely! Just remember we can’t connect your water until we receive a copy of your driver’s license and payment of deposit and connection fee or letter of credit in lieu of deposit.
- If I want to mail this in where do I send it?
Please mail to:
STEPHENVILLE CITY WATER DEPARTMENT
298 W. Washington Street
Stephenville, TX 76401
- Can I email you with questions?
You are welcome to email questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.